Chef's Art Sambar Masala is a piquant blend of 15 ingredients for making rich Madras style sambar with authentic aroma and flavour of south.
USAGE: Add as per taste.
- Blend of 15 spices
- Makes original Madras style Sambar
- Roasted, Ground and Blended to Perfection
CONFIGURATION: Available in 100g 1 Kg pack sizes.
Related Recipes: Udupi Sambar
- Toor dal /Arhar dal - 150g
- Masoor dal / Split red lentil - 50g
- Chef's Art Sambar Masala - 30g
- Grated coconut - 100g
- Asafoetida - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Salt - to taste - 50g
- Tamarind - 50g
- Drumstick - 100g
- Pumpkin - 100g
- Brinjal - 100g
- Peeled small onions - 100g
- Tomato - 100g
- Slit Green chillies - 2
- Coriander leaves chopped - for garnish
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves - 1 spring
- Fenugreek seeds - 1 tsp
- Whole Red chillies - 4 nos
1. Boil toor dal and masoor dal along with green chillies, turmeric and salt with enough water.
2. When Dal is cooked properly, Mash dal with masher or Blend after cooling, and keep a side.
3. Heat oil separately, add peeled whole small Onions saute till translucent, add tomatoes and saute till tomatoes are soft.
4. Add cut vegetables and saute till soft, add Chefs Art sambar masala, Chilli powder, mashed dal with water, jaggery and tamarind pulp.
5. Allow it to boil for 10 minutes, add grated coconut cook further for 5 minutes.
6. Check salt, add if needed.
7. Tempering: Heat oil add Mustard when splutters, add fenugreek, curry leaves and red chillies.
8. Pour on top of the sambar while boiling, Sprinkle Asafotida and garnish with coriander leaves.
9. Serve hot.